Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Is Your Child's Favorite Food? Least Favorite?

I mentioned in my inaugural post the online community of women (mostly moms) to which I belong. I talked about how supportive they are. Recently we all decided to support one another by making sure everyone who has a blog is posting regularly. These girls rock! One of our members, Paige, is spearheading our brand new AntiDramaMama Blog Carnival.

Each Wednesday Paige will post a topic (please recommend a topic as well!), write your answer on your blog and then link your post here (you don't have to be an ADM member!) in the Mcklinky below. If you are not a blogger feel free to answer the question in the comments section at the end of the post.

Today's topic is a nice easy one to get us started: What Is Your Child's Favorite and Least Favorite Food(s). Are you happy about it? How do you encourage a more diverse palate?

The All Star loves food. She is skinny. Clothes fall off of her. You wouldn't realize this from eating a meal with her! Her favorite food is noodles. Any kind. Sometimes it's the old favorite, macaroni and cheese. Sometimes we drizzle olive oil and Parmesan cheese on top. The AS will just chow down on noodles all day if I let her. She also loves fruit, veggies, bread, CHEESE, and even meat (finally). I say finally because she used to not like it much at all. Her molars came in, she could chew it, and now it's a favorite.

On the other hand, there aren't too many things she won't eat. The All Star is picky sometimes in the amount of food - "What mom? I ate 1 chunk of fish and 3 black beans. Then I finished it off with 2 rolls, 2 helpings of green beans, and a pork chop. What do you want from me?" - but she'll try most anything.

I look forward to the day when we all eat exactly the same meal. I always swore I wouldn't be a short order cook. I would not make PB & J everyday for my kids because they wouldn't eat different foods. Luckily I don't have to do that. I alter the All Star's food because The Head Coach and I are doing a no carb thing right now. Obviously I can't feed the child a diet of meat and vegetables alone.

I am generally quite pleased with how well she does with food. She was a breastfed baby who never took a bottle. There was a time when I thought I would have to go to kindergarten with her for snack time. So, to say she's healthy, happy, feeding herself and loving food makes me proud!


MckLinky Blog Hop

5 comments:

Paige said...

Cheese was my first word as a baby! Apparently I walked around begging for some all the time! I also loved eggs which I can't stand now! All Star sounds like a great eater!

I'm Anitra! said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm following you from my WednesDay is FriendsDay link up. My kids are so picky, I can't keep up with them. Good luck and thanks for stopping by.

Brooke said...

I say again - so jealous all these non-picky eaters! That's awesome she eats so well.

Dana said...

man it seems so long ago that you had to be with her 24/7 because she wouldn't take a bottle!!! Life much be so much easier now! :)

Michelle @ Flying Giggles said...

You are too lucky. I have no idea how I ended up with such a picky eater. I love everything and will try anything. My youngest however will eat just about anything.